[News] Debian Family News, Ubuntu Community Manager Interview

  • Subject: [News] Debian Family News, Ubuntu Community Manager Interview
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 22:02:57 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

What kind of software do you miss in Debian

,----[ Quote ]
| Debian holds a great amount of software,
| for everything from web servers to
| desktop wikis, but thereâs always
| something missing.
`----

http://ask.debian.net/questions/what-kind-of-software-do-you-miss-in-debian

More Zeitgeist integration in Software Center shows recommended apps based on usage

,----[ Quote ]
| As some of you may know, Seif has been
| working closely with the Software Center
| developers to integrate Zeitgeist into
| the Software Center. We blogged about the
| Software Center using Zeitgeist to
| display app usage  a couple of weeks ago,
| and naturally the next step would be for
| that information to be translated into
| recommendations, which is very, very
| cool.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/10/more-zeitgeist-integration-in-software-center-shows-recommended-apps-based-on-usage/

Interview: Jono Bacon, Ubuntu Community Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Jono talks about the inspirations and
| challenges of community management.
`----