[News] Microsoft Wants to Profit From Android Because Vista Phone 7 [sic] is Already Rejected

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Wants to Profit From Android Because Vista Phone 7 [sic] is Already Rejected
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 22:16:52 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Verizon: we like Microsoft, but not Windows Phone 7

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/10/08/verizon_windows_phon
e_7_wet_blanket/

Why Is Microsoft Going After Motorola And Android?

,----[ Quote ]
| Indeed, it is interesting that Microsoft went after
| Motorola and not Google. (Motorola's Droid phones have a
| custom MotoBlur interface that sits on top of Android.)
| All in all, this move from Microsoft seems to be a Hail
| Mary from a company that has been marginalized in the
| smartphone business and is now going after very
| fundamental types of feature sets found in other
| manufacturers' smartphones.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/why-is-microsoft-going-after-
motorola-and-android

"The first wave will attack the perception that Linux is
free."

                                --Brian Valentine, Microsoft

Racketeering.