Re: When is a "Pro" not a pro? When it's proprietary software.

____/ Homer on Thursday 23 Jun 2011 10:12 : \____

> Apple demonstrates farcical "Pro" nomenclature:
>
> [quote]
> Apple's new Final Cut Pro X 'not actually for pros'
>
> Some have questioned why it is that Apple released a product that lacks
> adequate "professional" elements.
>
> Apparently, an update to make FCPX more "professional" is expected to be
> released in the coming months via Apple's App store.
>
> "I know Apple can make great products, however much I may dislike the
> way they go about it, but do I invest now in the blind hope that they
> will actually make their 'pro' product actually work for 'pros' at some
> unknown point in the future?" asked one poster on the Creative Cow
> forum.
>
> Creative Cow offered a measured response to Apple's decision to ditch
> Final Cut Pro 7 and re-write its product "to meet the needs of today's
> creative editors", pointing out that there are some major improvements
> to, for example, the GUI and overall performance.
>
> But some editors who chose to go with FCP years ago beg to differ.
>
> "Mostly, I can't believe X won't be supporting older versions.
> 'REVISIONS' are a fact of life. I deeply regret using FCP for some of
> the complex things that have been created in my studio. FCP 7 goes into
> a coma with its lack of 64 bit support, and this has been a danging
> failure on the late workstations that are terrifically underused," noted
> Charles Mouyat.
> [/quote]
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/22/apple_final_cut_pro_x/
>
> Proprietary software vendors have perverted the "Pro" nomenclature into
> a farcical clichà that has no bearing on "professionalism" whatsoever.
> It's just meaningless hype.

It's a just buzzword like "enterprise '[edition]". Apple is _ALL_ about branding. Watch its
next move:

Apple owns the name of a fruit, now "Appl" too?

Apple Threatens Open Source Amahi Project with Legal Action

,----[ Quote ]
| As such, the team has decided to
| organise a naming contest for the
| Amahi application store. My personal
| favourite so far? Appl store. You know,
| appl, short for application. It's sad that
| they have to go through this, but I fully
| understand them in not being willing to take
| on Apple in court.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/24872/Apple_Threatens_Open_Source_Amahi_Project_with_Legal_Action

Apple has ripped off so many other companies and then
pretended that it invented what it had shamelessly lifted:

Apple scores broad patent on touch screens

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20073257-17/apple-scores-broad-patent-on-touch-screens/

*LOL*

Apple. When delusion lands on planet Earth.

- --