Thunderbird 5.0 to Come Preinstalled With Ubuntu GNU/Linux (Unless Decision Reversed)

  • Subject: Thunderbird 5.0 to Come Preinstalled With Ubuntu GNU/Linux (Unless Decision Reversed)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 00:23:26 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Thunderbird Made Default In Ubuntu 11.10, Final Default Email Client Decision Not Yet Taken

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a recent change, Thunderbird is now the default
| email client in Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot, replacing Evolution.
| The update should be available for Oneiric users i
| n a few hours.
|
| But this doesn't mean Thunderbird will be default in the final Ubuntu 11.
| 10 Oneiric Ocelot release because according to the default email
| client blueprint, the final decision has not been taken yet. We should
| find out if Thunderbird will stay as default sometime around Ubuntu 11.
| 10 Oneiric Ocelot Alpha 3, after both Thunderbird and Evolution will be evaluated...
`----

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/07/thunderbird-made-default-in-ubuntu-1110.html

Mozilla Thunderbird 5.0, a look at new features!| PPA Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The new Thunderbird comes with a handful of new features such as drag
| and drop enabled interface, improved add-on manager and account creating
| wizard and several fixes. The most apparent change you shall notice is
| definitely the better, minimal and more modern interface. The Add-on
| manager, Trouble shooting page and many bug fixes!
`----

http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/1800-mozilla-thunderbird-50-a-look-at-new-features-ppa-ubuntu

Thunderbird joins Firefox with rapid release

http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-20075955-12/thunderbird-joins-firefox-with-rapid-release/