Re: So where did the first one come from?

____/ Chris on Sunday 03 Jul 2011 15:09 : \____

> Am Sat, 02 Jul 2011 09:55:30 +0000 schrieb Tillerman:
>
>> You see, science can't explain where the first one came from.
>> The only solution is a supreme being.
>> Call it God, call it alien, call it whatever.
>
> Do you want to redefine "whatever is responsible for the existence of the
> universe is called God"? Sure that's possible but it doesn't really make
> sense.
>
> Please try to give a precise definition of what a "God" is first and then
> we can talk about if there is one...
>
>> I believe there is a reason for this madness.
>>
>> I just can't believe that all the order, the extreme order, in the
>> universe, the planets, our earth, "just happend" per chance.
>
> It didn't happen "per chance" it did happen according to the natural laws
> found in the Universe.

This relates to the deceptive line with examples of scrapyard, wind, and Boeing 747. The outcomes
are eventualities, they don't reflect on their causer.

> That science didn't find out why the natural laws are the way they are
> the way they are doesn't mean a God made them. It doesn't mean there was
> no God making them either though.
> That's just pure speculation and isn't leading anywhere.
>
> For a start you can watch the BBC documentary
> "The Secret Life of Chaos":
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPjv5gIUeU8
>
>> Move  a planet a few miles out of it's normal oribit and all hell breaks
>> loose in the solar system. Earth would die....
>
> There is plenty material found about the fine tuning argument.
>
> For a start:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine-
> tuned_Universe#Disputes_on_the_extent_and_existence_of_fine-tuning
>
> Also, "hell breaks loose" all the time: Supernovae happening, galaxies
> colliding, etc.

Earth would be fine there. Organisms on its crust might now.

>> Why does a spider eat ants?
>> Why do ant's cultivate the soil?
>> Why is a hummingbird shaped perfectly as to hum.
>> and so froth.
>>
>> It's jsut too perfect.....
>> Science can't explain this.
>
> Sure it can: Evolution.
>
> The argumentation "Complex System => god did it" isn't leading very far,
> see above.

The galaxies too "evolve" into a state of improved equilibrium (and more spaces between stars).

>> There is more behind it than amebos crawling out of the water....
>
> amoeba crawling out of the water?
>
> What else is there behind "it"?
>
>> Take archaeology for example...
>> Where are the missing links?
>
> In books about (evolutionary) biology.
>
>> Suppose, God forbid, you died of Encephalitis and they dug you up 2000
>> years from now.
>> Are you representitive of the populous at large?
>> Of course not.
>> Yet the scholars would deem you a missing link....
>
> Are you sure they would?

Maybe Hovind, but he's not a scholar, and he's in jail for fraud at the moment.

>> Science is great no doubt but science does not have all the answers, at
>> least not yet.
>
> So you say "goddidit" instead of "I don't know".

But that's what "God" is, it's a placeholder.

- --