Re: Vodafone Smart Android smartphone - Budget Googlephone, anyone?

____/ Homer on Monday 25 Jul 2011 21:01 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>> ____/ Homer on Monday 25 Jul 2011 11:22 : \____
>
>>> And Apple, and Oracle, and Intellectual Ventures (Nathan Myrvold),
>>> and Vulcan Inc (Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder), and IP Innovations
>>> LLC (Microsoft shell company) and Acacia (Microsoft shell company),
>>> and Lodsys (Nathan Myrvold shell company), and hundreds of other
>>> "non-practising entities" (criminal rackets).
>>
>> Vulcan? Or Internal? Are those related?
>
> Take note: a number of Websites have incorrectly quoted the name of the
> company as "Internal Research". It was actually called "*Interval*
> Research".
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_Research_Corporation
>
> [quote]
> Paul Allen Files Patent Lawsuits Against Entire Web â Except Microsoft
>
> Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has filed far-reaching patent lawsuits
> against Google, Apple, Yahoo, Netflix, Facebook, AOL and eBay, among
> others, alleging the companies violated patents owned by his now-defunct
> idea lab Interval Research.
> [/quote]
>
> http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/08/paul-allen-patent-lawsuit/
>
> Here's one with the misquote:
>
> [quote]
> Microsoft co-founder and former executive Paul Allen filed a suit
> against 11 tech companies on Friday, accusing them of infringement over
> patents he acquired from the now defunct Internal Research. While Allen
> had invested in the company, he never participated in the development of
> the patented technologies.
> [/quote]
>
> http://www.betanews.com/article/Paul-Allen-sues-Apple-Google-nine-others-over-patent-infringement/1282943687
>
> I assume the error was due to some automated spelling correction that
> never got proof read, then was copied by other sites.
>
> You should search and replace any occurrences in your articles on
> Techrights, for accuracy.
>
> Anyway, /Interval/ Research was just another in a long line of Allen's
> now defunct shell companies, which "innovated" ridiculously trivial and
> obvious things, then greased the USPTO to "patent" them. "Vulcan Inc."
> seems to be the name of his main holding company, currently. I haven't
> researched to see how many shell companies he has ATM, but if he's
> anything like the Myhrvold con-artist then I'd guess it's a dozen or so.

Like Microsoft, they surround themselves by shells to absorb the bad PR in
the press (a punch bag, like RIAA to Sony and Warner). Microsoft uses
peripheral PR agencies (less liability) and IIRC it was the WSJ
that said Myhrvold has over 1,000 satellite LLCs and such stuff...
identifying them is the hard part because they are just
registered addressed, or Munchkins. See Techrights wiki on Acacia, IV,
"Microsoft PR Agencies", and Internal (there is a page for each).

"Internal Research" sounds like some rogue forensic stuff. Patents on wick
effect? http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4258

If only Gates could patent that... maybe his ventures would consider investing.

http://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=ks&q=gates+death+panel

- --