Re: Linux Spits Apple Out

____/ Homer on Tuesday 13 Sep 2011 11:33 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>> ____/ Gregory Shearman on Monday 12 Sep 2011 09:07 : \____

>>> Then they *cannot* be called "sceptics". Skepticism isn't belief, it
>>> is the opposite.
>>
>> True, taken back.
>
> Bit late now Roy, now you have the whole group fighting each other.
>
> Maybe you should consider keeping your bigoted opinions to yourself
> from now on, and not keep injecting your militant atheism and 9/11
> "conspiracy theorist" propaganda into this group. You should probably
> also pay more attention to what you write, and not agree with things
> without thinking, because you're "distracted by a phone call". Maybe
> then you wouldn't find yourself constantly retracting statements after
> it's too late. You probably call this "self-censorship". I call it
> "choosing not to be an arsehole".

Look back at who brought the religion and 9/11 into this this thread. You
wrongly suggests that I'm being confrontational on this. I merely have an
argument -- an /open/ argument -- which deals with the knowns and unknowns. I
don't censor opposing opinions on those subjects. I am actually a lot more
forthcoming than most. Regarding your comparison to homosexuals, this is
different for two reasons: 1) these issues are evidence based (can be proven and
disproven empirically) and 2) I do not insult homosexuals, nor do I insult
religious people or homophobic people. I challenge what they are claiming, which
is not the same as insulting.

Let me clarify that my stance on religion is that it affects the daily lives of
everyone, especially in more religious countries like the United States. So it
matters when policies are made based on one's faith (invasions can be genocidal)
and bringing to question claims is only reasonable. I am not _at all_ suggesting
bursting someone's bubble on his/her deathbed. Please don't use this red
herring.

I could say a lot more, but it's OT for this forum.