Re: Linux Spits Apple Out

Just catching up with this thread (82 messages unread...

____/ Homer on Monday 12 Sep 2011 14:02 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>> ____/ Homer on Sunday 11 Sep 2011 22:06 : \____
>>> Verily I say unto thee that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:

>>> Yes, fires that were extinguished by 5:20PM.
>>
>> Damage was already done, so that is not the main point.
>
> The "damage" from office furniture fires melted steel columns up to
> 54x22 inches thick, uniformly in such a manner that they all failed
> simultaneously, causing a perfect, vertical, freefall collapse?

It was not freefall speed. Measure the
collapse duration, then do the maths
with g=9.8 and building height. The steel
is interconnected and once set in motion it goes down
fast, perfectly vertical, as one ought
o expect. The steel itself did not need to melt, just soften.

See for example http://ur1.ca/5351y

I used to see some of the sceptics' videos and they
hid from the viewer evidence that would have easily
punctured holes in their hypothesis (mainly one
of controlled demolition).

> Uh-huh.
>
>>> Claims?
>>>
>>> I can see it quite clearly in the video footage:
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv7BImVvEyk
>>>
>>> Anyone who can look at that and still pretend it's not a controlled
>>> demolition, must be taking hallucinogenic drugs.
>>
>> That's just a false option/dichotomy.
>
> Do you have another theory?

Yes, my position on 9/11 is that it needs
a proper investigation not because of
allegations of "controlled demolition"
but because not enough intelligence
was done to catch quite a lot of
well-coordinated terrorists, who
should have been caught prior to the
act. I am not suggesting that the government
just "let it happen", just that it was
negligent enough not to cover its arse.
It's easier to say that after a disaster,
though (like wearing a seatbelt /after/
a car accident).

- --