Re: Apple unveils iPhone 4s (not iPhone 5)

____/ RonB on Tuesday 04 Oct 2011 20:36 : \____

> On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 20:25:35 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> ____/ RonB on Tuesday 04 Oct 2011 19:52 : \____
>>
>>> Stockholders are so underwhelmed that Apple stock has dropped over 2.5%
>>> today.
>>
>> Apple is all about the brand, so the sheep it sells products to judge by
>> numbers and logos, not pertinent features. :-)
>
> Yep.
>
> The news is only getting worse for Apple.
>
> ~~
> New Apple iPhone draws muted response
>
> CUPERTINO, California (Reuters) - Apple Inc took the wraps off a new
> iPhone on Tuesday, but may have left some fans wishing for more than an
> updated version of last year's smartphone.
>
> Newly minted CEO Tim Cook helmed his first major product launch with
> aplomb. The operations and supply-chain expert, not known for pitching
> products, stood in for ailing co-founder Steve Jobs, who did not show up
> as some expected he would.
>
> The new iPhone is faster, souped-up and comes with voice recognition and a
> better camera as expected, but did little to lift the bar for smartphones.
>
> Investors and Apple fans, who were looking to be blown away by some
> amazing new surprise, sent the shares down as much as 3 percent. "It's
> been 16 months and all you've got is an A5 processor in the existing
> iPhone 4," said BGC Partners' analyst Colin Gillis.
>
> The latest iPhone come at a critical juncture as Android phones by Samsung
> Electronics and other competitors close in on Apple's lead. Android phones
> dominate the U.S. market three years after Google introduced the software.
> ~~
> http://tinyurl.com/44fwxd3
>
> Apple shares are now down nearly 5%.
>
> I see another "new innovation" is voice recognition. Hmmm... why doesn't
> Apple just license Android and be done with it.

With embargo attempts, fabricated 'evidence' and a lot of FUD, Apple
has not been kind to Android. Google should just leave iOS to rot
over the years as it falls further and further behind. It should
also leave the tyranny known as Apple to rot.