Re: Microsoft faces yet another antitrust case

____/ Homer on Thursday 20 Oct 2011 18:27 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
>> Homer wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Tries to dismiss previous Findings of Fact as "prejudicial" (LOL):
>>>
>>> [quote]
>>>    The main point of contention is how the findings would be
>>>    announced.  Microsoft didn't want the jurors to hear that the
>>>    government was a party to the case as they believed it would be
>>>    prejudicial. Microsoft also didn't want them referred to as
>>>    "findings of fact".
>>> [/quote]
>>>
>>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20111017182502925
>>>
>>> Here I was thinking Microsoft was keen to make sure people "Get The
>>> Facts", but apparently that does not include the inconvenient facts
>>> about its criminal behaviour.
>>>
>>> Oh well, here we go again with another farcical antitrust trial, from
>>> which Microsoft will walk away scot-free, because half the senate is
>>> living in its pockets.
>>
>> There's a link to the "Findings of Fact" there, and it contains a
>> pretty thorough analysis of why it is so hard to overcome Microsoft's
>> dominance in the market.
>
> There's also reams of testimonies and court documents (mostly
> Microsoft's own correspondences) that unambiguously demonstrates
> Microsoft's gangster-like attitude, behaviour and business practices, so
> frankly any trial against Microsoft should be a foregone conclusion in
> favour of the plaintiff.
>
> Why is anyone even still debating this? For that matter, why is a
> criminal organisation like Microsoft allowed to continue trading?  The
> mere fact that Microsoft wasn't shut down years ago, proves the
> antitrust system is a farce. We may as well replace courtrooms with
> boiler rooms, and judges with suitcases full of cash.
>
> I also note that Lawrence Latif of El Inq. is suggesting this "is
> expected to be the last outing for Microsoft in its 15-year battle over
> antitrust allegations," which seems a bit optimistic, frankly. I
> certainly /hope/ that's not the case, given that Microsoft has never
> actually been properly sanctioned for its antitrust violations.
> /Proper/ sanctions would be /dissolving/ this criminal enterprise, then
> selling off the assets to compensate its victims.
>
> Not that these antitrust cases ever seem to accomplish anything. I've
> long since given up expecting any real justice against Microsoft,
> certainly not in the American courts, anyway.
>
> Latif doesn't reveal the sources from which he drew that "expectation",
> though. For all I know, he's probably quoting some "stacked-panellist"
> or "guerilla-marketing" company that's just regurgitating a Microsoft
> memo.
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2118030/novell-microsoft-court-wordperfect
>
>> I've been laughing lately at the Microsoft shills' arguments about how
>> "it's the applications".  This point is also made in the FoF document.

> [...]

The long-term damage is increasing all the time and there will never
be justice. That having been said, had the juridical system actually
worked, Microsoft would be found guilty within months/years and its
market position forcibly 'confiscated', such that companies that
played by the rules reap all the benefits.

- --