Re: Palm Tungsten C: How to get to the desktop with the Stylus?

  • To: "Bryan Smith" <bsmith2277@comcast.net>
  • Subject: Re: Palm Tungsten C: How to get to the desktop with the Stylus?
  • From: "Roy Schestowitz" <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 03:45:15 +0100
To: roy@schestowitz.com
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 2:15 AM

> When I play a game of solitaire on my Tungsten C, then wish to do
something else by I hitting the HOME key,
navigate to another app or turn off the unit, when I return, my game is
still in progress just as if I never left the game.

When you press HOME, The game is saved and then explicitly shut down. When
you return to the game, it is programmed to load that last game.

> So, I do not really know if Palm OS is multitasking or just placed that
app is suspension.

Well, unless there are multiple processors, there is never truly
multi-tasking, even in Window$. Suspension is what happens in practice and
PalmOS does not support suspension.

> I am really not so much concerned with how the app closes,
as I am trying to learn to operate my new Palm totally using the stylus.

I think this was possible even in the farther past.

> When I am in an app, like solitaire, I must somehow, stow the stylus, put
it down or
put it on the hand that is holding the Palm and use the free hand or
use my thumb or other free finger on my stylus hand to hit the HOME key to
return to the Palm Main Desktop.

If you are right-handed, use the thumb of the left hand to do all the
clicking. The right hand needs never leave the stylus.a