Computer Science - Top Ranker

  • To: Roy Schestowitz <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Subject: Computer Science - Top Ranker
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:24:21 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:24:42 +0000
A post to ManLUG

I know this item does not fit the subject of the forum, but I think it will be
of interest to any IT-related University member who knows how Linux-oriented
the CS School really is.

[quote]
Research from Staffordshire University aims to help employers and students
make sense of the profusion of university IT courses. Their faculty of
computing, engineering and technology has used publicly available statistics
to create a [url]http://www.soc.staffs.ac.uk/aal1/league_table2004.html[/url]
league table of the best universities for IT.  This table is designed to give
employers a guide to which universities are producing high-quality IT
graduates with the applied skills demanded by businesses, and is headed by
the University of Manchester.[/quote]