Re: [wp-hackers] Re: 500 euros for WP + plugins

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Re: 500 euros for WP + plugins
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:15:03 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:15:06 +0100
Quoting Jason Bainbridge <jbainbridge@xxxxxxxxx>:

On 7/10/05, Amit Gupta <wp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OFF-TOPIC:
thanks for that Martin, I know how to send emails as plain-text but don't
want to use it that way!!!! I prefer HTML email for many reasons. :)

Actually it is usual mailing list etiquette to not use HTML emails and a lot of lists disallow it and insist on plain text, I'm not sure about wp-hackers though.

I actually agree with Martin who pointed this out quite subtly. many people will
be inconvenienced by an HTML-formatted message. If you did this in UseNet, your
message would probably get devoured or ignored, much like messages from Google
Groups (hit-and-run posters who do so because they "prefer it for many
reasons"; when happy with the answers, not even a thank-you).

I was going to follow-up to Amit's message, but the HTML caused inconsistencies
that had me give up. So, the bottom line is that instead of personal
preferences, the preferences of the _community_ need to be honoured. Nobody
PGP's messages to this list, right?

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com