Re: Safe to exchange Lyx documents between Mac and Linux/PC?

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> >> Um, I'm afraid I don't follow you here.. do you mean it has an abstract,
> >> an introduction etc? (And why would this matter?)
>
> At present, I have all the text within. It is work in progress. If I
> strip off too much, then labels, indices, floats, equations and the like
> will go away though I would like to keep them as examples. I sent out
> the LyX file to somebody this morning. He contacted me off-list.

Ah, I see. Ideally the example should be stripped of most of the text, but
that's a bit of work I guess.

> I don't mind sending them by E-mail/FTP to anybody who requests them.
> Maybe you can disclose my E-mail address in the Wiki...

Putting just your e-mail address on a wiki page is fine. However, there
should probably be some description, screenshot or PDF illustrating the
result... otherwise people have no idea if it's useful :-)

Anyway, this is quite easy to start with... would you mind adding some
information to this page

	http://wiki.lyx.org/Examples/Thesis

for instance... is it a MSc or a PhD example?  And also a note that the
example assumes British standards. Perhaps what university it's for (they
all seem to use different standards...)

If you've never used a wiki, there's basically only two things you need to
know in order to do this:

* Click on the link Edit Page in the top right corner to edit the page
* The password is 'LyXers' (you can give whatever username you like)

cheers
/Christain