Re: [GUG] SWF?

  • To: gug@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [GUG] SWF?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 04:38:43 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 04:38:43 +0000
_____/ On Wed 23 Nov 2005 21:38:36 GMT, [The Digital Pioneer] wrote : \_____

Hello.I am wondering if there is any way I can get SWF editing in GIMP. I
use Windows, and the Linux one therefore will not work for me. Any Windows
ones? TY!

Hi,

The GIMP can handle frames, but with Flash you would speak of objects that
float, which make interpretation very difficult. I suggest that you search
the  Web  for  swf2gif (I saw many relevant results, so hopefully  one  is
available  to  your  platform). Then, open the GIF files in the  GIMP  and
treat the layers, which are in fact frames, separately.

It  is hard for me to believe that a plug-in exists for the task. The  in-
teraction with frames under Flash is very different.

Hope this helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com