Re: [wp-testers] Testing 'Live' Nightly Builds

_____/ On Wed 14 Dec 2005 13:58:14 GMT, [Owen Winkler] wrote : \_____

Hi Owen,

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Overall, let's say John Bloggs submitted a patch, which is said to have been
fixed the  following day.  John Bloggs  can then hop onto the latest nightly
version and confirm that the bug was  fixed in its entirety. No need to look
at diffs.

Then:

Wouldn't the latest nightly contain the fix, thereby obviate the need to keep historic nightlies over any duration?

And:

History is always available more accurately through SVN, so why would any user who has the need to review history use anything other than SVN or the SVN changeset viewer in Trac?

I just don't see why we would need to keep old nightlies around at all.

Owen

I fully understand your point and I accept it. Just remember that not everyone uses SVN and not everyone tests WordPress on localhost.