Re: quotes in the lyx

  • To: lyx-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: quotes in the lyx
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 05:11:18 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 05:11:20 +0100
_____/ On Sat 03 Sep 2005 04:59:31 BST, [Leon Chen] wrote : \_____

Hi I am confused with the quotes on the keyboard.

where type the double quotes, like this:  " "

They are both the 'right-quote' in my output. I am not sure about the
symbol usage in English, is it the right form of a mistake?

However in the user guide,I saw some example text is right with this
pair. The left-quote in lyx is slightly leanes to left while the right
quote is just vertical. Are they different symols which need different
key to input? or the lyx will fix them automatically?

I hope I expressed myself correctly... Thank you for your time.

--
Leon Chen,
Imperial College, London

Leon,

Here is what I suggest you have a look at and change as required:

o Open the document in question

o "Layout" in the top horizonal menu

o "Document..." in the drop-down

o "Language" in the left vertical pane

o Look under "Quote Style"

If this did not solve the problem, this might go much deeper. I have just tested
the characters which you quoted to verify they should work.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (sig==sig) sig=!sig;
 4:05am  up 9 days 17:13,  3 users,  load average: 1.03, 0.80, 0.60