Re: Simple questions.

  • To: lyx-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Simple questions.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:51:55 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:51:57 +0100
_____/ On Fri 09 Sep 2005 22:14:14 BST, [Mike Meyer] wrote : \_____

Bcc: mwm-local@localhost
--text follows this line--
1) Has anyone done a layout file for unixman.sty? Google didn't turn
one up, nor did google turn up an archive of LyX layout files.

I have not come across it. Do you strictly need that specific style? It is
usually easy to manipulate existing ones to suit your requirements.

2) I know this has to have been discussed to death - probably
  repeatedly - but I couldn't seem to find the right query to tickle
  google or the list archives into kicking it up. Could someone
  provide a pointer to a rational for going with a single window
  instead of the far more common multiple window approach? Or even tabs?

	Thanks,
	<mike

I think I am following your point here. It is just slightly hard-to-follow,
which must be the reason no (constructive) replies have yet been sent. You must
be speaking about fragmented windows, e.g. Character, Paragraph, etc. I fully
agree; it is one of my wishlist features. With a dual-head display it is easy
to have everything in sight, but it is otherwise very laborious. Kicking up a
new window just to change the font size of a single letter can be rather
frustrating.

Again I would stress that improvement of the type Mike suggested would be
greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Gas, brake, honk! Honk, honk, Punch! Gas, gas!
 3:45pm  up 17 days 14:13,  3 users,  load average: 0.78, 0.98, 1.02