RE: [wp-hackers] Plugin Development Request: gada.be

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [wp-hackers] Plugin Development Request: gada.be
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 08:34:09 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 08:34:13 +0100
_____/ On Sun 16 Oct 2005 08:11:09 BST, [Chris Pirillo] wrote : \_____

UPDATE: I totally miscomprehended the idea of the project. Ignore
comments above completely and consider removing the referrer bits
at the bottom of the page to a separate (new) page. You don't need
that indicator of status, which is deceiving.

I thought it was kinda neat to see, but point taken - gone (though the URL still exists for the curious).

...still exists over here... and I flushed cache.

Add a "what's it all about" link that's prominent. I have pointed some mates to
gada.be/about, which in the the rational entry point to unfamiliar faces.

I think the intention of crafting such a plug-in is merely to serve
as promotion for your site. What evidence is there to suggest that
the product of such a plug-in will contribute to the users' experience?

...no more than linking to Technorati does. Or any other tag vendor, for that matter. I'm just trying to level the playing field - one link to link 'em all, so to speak. Fool's errand, maybe - but I've gotta try.

You can never get that to happen unless you become a monopoly and spit on the
industry as well as morals. Don't let that fact evade you.

Contextually a good fit:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051016/ap_on_hi_te/india_google_terror

Having said that, I am sure there are some enthusiastic folks who
would use this as a jolly opportunity to hop aboard and implement
a plug-in that integrates closely with your API's.

We don't really have an API, per se - just a simple form at this point. That said, I'm hoping the developer will be attending the forthcoming TagCamp in San Jose (wherein gada.be is a sponsor).

Best of luck, Chris. It's a nice idea with great potential.

Thanks for the nod, Roy. We're getting additional servers this weekend, just in case we get featured on Digg again (or, heaven forbid, Slashdot).

I have just spread the word in UseNet with some good encouragement and
comparison to the impact scale of del.icio.us.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
 8:25am  up 51 days 20:39,  6 users,  load average: 0.77, 0.66, 0.61