Re: [wp-hackers] Patch to allow nested comments

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Patch to allow nested comments
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 05:58:15 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 05:58:17 +0100
___/ On Mon 28 Aug 2006 01:19:15 BST, [ Craig ] wrote : \___

Nested comments were (are) available via plugin, but personally I would love
to see the option available as a core function so that I don't have to rely
on plugin authors to update their work as WP evolves. I suppose there was
(is?) a good reason why this isn't in the core, but it gets a +1 from the
Moose.

I could recall a discussion about this and found it.

http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2005-May/000863.html

From what I can gather, nested comments were said to add complexity (Drupal, Nuke and many other packages have that built in). I personally think it should be left to the Webmatser to decide what's more suitable. And nested comments should probably not be there by default... as it's easier to harness extra complexity, as opposed to stripping it.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
http://othellomaster.com - GPL'd 3-D Othello