Re: ***SPAM*** Re: [wp-hackers] Spam load

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: ***SPAM*** Re: [wp-hackers] Spam load
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:34:56 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:34:58 +0000
___/ On Wed 27 Dec 2006 15:55:37 GMT, [ Dave W ] wrote : \___

On 12/27/06, Brian Layman <Brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My favorite is...
LOL well that set off my email spam detection...

Haha, my Gmail marked this email as spam. Hilarious.

Guys, I'm not sure it's all that amusing. Some recent wp-hackers messages just don't show up... and I'm beginning to suspect that SpamAssassin intercepts them (even with a generous 8.0 threshold). I haven't check this to confirm because it's merely impossible to wade through tens or handreds of thousands of messages... it's unresponsive.

I've  missed  at least one direct reply to my message and  I
can  see it in the static mailman archives. I've also missed
a  large  portion of this thread. It would be reasonable  to
assume  that  other  who rely on the same  blacklists,  e.g.
Apache's SA filters, will suffer also (Google included).

I  have  always thought that mailing list had some  implicit
exclusion  from  mail filters, but maybe it's no longer  the
case.

Happy holidays!

Roy

PS - fun with SPAM

(Cringely on Earthlink E-mail)

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is something I wish I were making up. A good friend of mine noticed
| last June a sudden and precipitous decline in his volume of incoming
| e-mail with the numbers dropping by 80-90 percent. Was he less popular,
| less interesting than before? Or maybe some Bayesian filter had been
| imposed by his ISP (Earthlink) to suddenly spare him completely from
| spam. No such luck.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
http://othellomaster.com >> GPL-licensed 3-D Othello