Re: [wp-hackers] Akismet and 'Scape

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Akismet and 'Scape
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:26:22 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:26:25 +0000
___/ On Wed 27 Dec 2006 06:38:54 GMT, [ Matt Mullenweg ] wrote : \___

Computer Guru wrote:
Why does Akismet always insist on labeling trackbacks from Netscape as spam?

That's  a pretty bad thing, with around 1000 trackbacks sent
per day. I'm a Navigator there, so I'll let the devs know.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hard to say, your best bet is to mark it as "not spam" in your interface and send in a note through the contact form:

http://akismet.com/

Matt, I'm receiving only a patchy assortment of this mailing
list's  messages. I don't know if it's mailman or my  daemon
that's dropping them. The recent rise in volumes off SPAM is
worrying me a lot and, yes, I know it's slightly off topic.

Spam surge drives net crime spree

,----[ Quote ]
| The tussle between computer security companies trying to protect your PC
| and the bad guys that try to compromise it is often characterised as an
| arms race.
|
| [...]
|
| Windows is the favourite target of malicious hackers
|
| [...]
|
| "92.6% of all e-mail messages are spam," said Dan Druker, spokesman for
| Postini. "That's the highest it's ever been."

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
http://othellomaster.com >> GPL-licensed 3-D Othello
http://iuron.com >> proposing an Open Source, non-profit search engine