Re: Viruses on Webspace

You have no reason to worry. HTML files cannot contain any viruses. If, and
only if, you uploaded executable files (e.g. in Windows .com, .exe, .bat)
then you have a reason for concern. Also, if you have compressed files (e.g.
zip, rar, gz, tar) which contain executables, then you might want to do
something about it.

Having said that HTML is safe, there are other issues to bear in mind. HTML
can invoke installations that are not from a trusted source. In such a case
you rely on the Web browser. Furthermore, executables can disguise
themselves as JPEGs and the like, but they only become malignant if files
get renamed.

Hope this helps,

Roy

http://www.danielsorogon.com/Webmaster

"Andy" <andy@indigo.ie> wrote in message
> I have been updating my webspace by FTP today and some strange things
> started happening on my PC prior to updating my website with diallers
> downloading and loads of webpages opening up. After uploading an Index
.html
> onto my website I decided to run a Virus check using my up to date virus
> checker (I am silly for not manually running the antivirus as soon as the
PC