Re: Bulletin Boards and Search Engines

> You can make the forums public or make them accessible (and readable) only
> to members.
>
>> Any advice on bulletin board infrastructure to ensure search-engine
>> accessability?
>
> Hold on. Do you want to _hide_ information or _share_ it with search
> engines? If the latter, you just need to look into search engine
> optimisation... the usual stuff... links, structure...

Hi Roy,

Yes, I want both the public to access the posts and search engines as well.
My only concern is that if entries are stored by PHP or Perl in a database
and pages are rendered "on the fly" that search engines would have no access
to the data.  I do want search engines to index all the entries and I want
all entries to be publicly accessible as well.  Just not sure where SSI
stuff is prohibitive to SE access.

CanBeara