Re: Graphics in Web pages

Matthew Superstar Swass wrote:

>>To be absolutely honest (and not just lazy), you needn't do any
>>work on graphics.
>
>>http://schestowitz.com
>
> And clearly, you haven't. Fact is, a stunning display of original visuals
> can increase the value of a site many times that of "regular" sites.

Fair Enough. I used to work on banners in Paintshop and Photoshop and it was
very time-consuming. As soon as I started working on my personal site, I
wanted a quick and effortless machinery to give a diverse collection of
banners. I still use the GIMP to render effects like shadows, transparency,
etc.

As I said, your point is valid.

> I can't believe I am actually seeing people in this thread recommending
> the automation of graphic design. This is the equivalent of someone coming
> in here and saying not to learn HTML, just use FrontPage.

I was using FrontPage many years ago. I have not touched it for 6 years. I
advocate _no_ automatic Web design, unless you are not fluent with SGML or
not comfortable with the concept (as sometimes is the case with
non-scientists, e.g. Word versus LaTeX).

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com/