Re: frames? hate them or not?

brucie wrote:

> In alt.html  Roy Schestowitz said:
>
>>> I thought it was supposed to be a good habit to set background colors.
>>> That's all.

I still have no clue how Barbara came up with her complaint. The pages all
(almost all) have a background image which supercedes (sits on top of
rather) background colour and lives in harmony with the text colours I set.
I test my pages on a Mac, A Window$ machine (IE and Firefox) and a Linux
machine (Konqueror, Mozilla 1.2, 1.7, Firefox, Netscape).

>> It is better to leave the choice to the visitor.
>
> that would mean not specifying any colors at all.

Sometimes that too! *smile*

>> Enforcing object properties
>> (where unnecessary) only upsets people,
>
> specifying a background color is not unnecessary.

Only if you specify colours for text.

>> e.g. defining font size in pixels
>> which obstructs the visually-impaired.
>
> only for people using old and broken browsers.

Perhaps... will have to investigate...

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com