Re: Proof?

"Saville" <saville@uk.com> wrote in message
sX9od.2367$h_.2284@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net">news:sX9od.2367$h_.2284@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
> Hi All,
>
> Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to be accepted,
> that, we cannot prove that God exists!
>
> If this is the case, then how can we prove
> that God dose 'not' exist?

I have always felt that proving the existence or non-existence of God is
unimportant. To my mind, there are many strong arguments (which you may
consider strong enough to constitute 'proof', possibly) against most
(perhaps all) of the important characteristics of God asserted by the
various monotheistic religions. I was going to list these reasons, but that
could end up becoming a book.

My point is, if there is a God who doesn't care about or communicate with
humans, is invisible and intangible and does not intervene in the world, and
who doesn't provide us with a heaven (or a hell) to go to when we die, why
should I care whether He exists or not?

--
Nick Roberts