Re: Vegan Bodybuilders??

  • Subject: Re: Vegan Bodybuilders??
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:29:45 +0100
  • Followup-to: alt.fitness.weights,misc.fitness.weights,sci.med.nutrition
  • Newsgroups: alt.fitness.weights, misc.fitness.weights, sci.med.nutrition
Will Brink wrote:

> In article <d2suss$2po7$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>> NYC XYZ wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, All:
>> >
>> > Just wondering if anyone knows a "buffed" vegan.
>>
>> Firstly, it should be possible, but it is harder.
>>
>> > I doubt there are any
>> > pro or even amateur vegan bodybuilders
>>
>> Hold on right there... having seen the rest of your question, I must
>> point out that so-called bodybuilders get their size from bloody steroids
>> and supplementation, not from meat.
>
> Your point being? I have known several steroid using vege bodybuilders
> who finally added meat back to their diet only to see increases in LBM.
> Steroids are not magic.

I think the whole point of being a /vegetarian/ steroid lab rat is
ridiculous. Many of these people die before they turn 40, so what are they
worried about? Coronary issues when they are in their 60's? Meat sure has
its benefits, but 300 pound steroid freaks do not get their mass from just
a typical diet (i.e. diet in the form of proper food).

What I wanted to clarify to the OP is that so-called bodybuilders (since the
term was explicitly mentioned) are not about diet, but often about drugs
and supplements.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com