Re: Palm Rants

Preston Crawford wrote:

> On 2005-04-08, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>> I am a loyal Palm user, but some things I just cannot understand.
>
> Wow, at least you can find a Palm you like. I had to go buy a used one to
> replace my old Palm.

I'm sorry if it somehow sounded like Palm slagging. I am a big advocate, but
I also want developers at PalmOne to listen more often to what users say.

None of what I said is new. People keep complaining, but no fixes are
incorporated to newer models. Instead, bad decisions are made due to
isolated opinions, e.g. no vibrating alarm, USB instead of universal
connector and the list goes on and on...

> I'm not saying those aren't problems. But I wish the
> most of my Palm problems had to do with actually operating the device. I
> couldn't find a device with a terrible-looking screen or a screen that
> made an annoying sound (save the Tapwave Zodiac), so I had to buy an old
> used Palm.

That's true. Mechanically, Palms are built with good components. I just
think that software stays behind, all in the name of simplicity.