Re: Palm Rants

Toby wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> I am a loyal Palm user, but some things I just cannot understand.
>>
>> 1. Undo - am I the only person who erased more than a single
>> character or word and then changed his mind? [...]
>>
>> 2. Clipboard - when will PalmOne realise that people copy more than
>> several lines of text? Even a small memo (see next point) cannot be
>> copied to the clipboard. The internal memory is definitely large
>> enough for the clipboard to be extended (_without_ add-ons).
>>
>> 3. Memopad - the only reason I find for using Docs2Go is the limit on
>> memopad size. If the models advance, why is that limit not being
>> modified? Is it neglect?
>
> The same problems are on the m105 and the T|E. When I upgraded, I was
> shocked to find that they hadn't fixed them! Pretty fundamental
> stuff, I would have thought...

... the same on a HandEra 330 (all available OSs to 4.1) - despite the fact
that HandEra made Memopad QVGA-sized, landscape-usable and aware of the 8
system fonts.
As HandEra didn't hesitate to add network capabilities to the built-in Palm
mail application I think they would have fixed these silly outdated
clipboard and memo limits too - if it were easy (or allowed?).

And the same problems apply to OS5 also? Sure?
Oh my g...

But then, OS5 is an outdated version. It's lame stupid to stick to old stuff
and whine about old problems. Just use one of the current OS6-PDAs if you
can't stand minor non-relevant issues of the older and still excellent
devices.
[That's somewhere near the usual answer of one type of Palm advocate I
always enjoy. ;-)]

Gruß
Uwe