Re: image display on web problem

  • Subject: Re: image display on web problem
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 03:27:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Ross wrote:

> hi folks,
>   do you know how to present an image on web but not letting the readers
> copy the image onto their local computers?

You can't. It was already discussed here:

http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2004/Suse_December_2004/msg00091.html

> second, how to display text at
> specific region on an image?

Make the image a background image (for example, the background of a <table>)
and place the text within the element.

There are other methods which are 'cleaner'.

> i find imagemap seems not supporting function
> related to ALT tag. thanks a lot for your input!!

I think imagemaps are quite deprecated. Am I wrong?

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com