Re: Firefox question

Rich Daley wrote:

> Steve <no-one@here.now> writes:
>
>>>                        Speaking of which, consider mouse gestures too.
>> I guess you mean 'ckick and drag' to highlight a section of text? I've
>> been doing that, but some URLs get veeeeery looooong :-)
>
> Nope. He means mouse gestures, like the ones provided by the Optimoz
> extension.

That's the one I use too (on 4 computers) even though its tolerance for
mistakes is rather poor.

I think that Steve completely missed my point about mouse gestures, which is
almost as valuable as accelerators once you get used to them.

>   https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=12
>
> This is one feature among many that Mozilla has nicked from the
> commercial Opera browser over the years. It allows you to browse by
> holding your right mouse button and drawing shapes with your mouse - one
> stroke left for back, one stroke right for forward, up-and-down for
> reload, L-shape for close tab, etc. Certainly makes browsing a lot
> faster, although still not as good as learning to use the keyboard.

The keyboard is faster, but not always. "Back", for example, being ALT+left
arrow, needs a second hand to be taken off the mouse.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com