Re: google - forbidden!?

On Friday 19 August 2005 19:43, www.1-script.com wrote:

> wb-webmaster wrote:
>
>> i don't get it!?
>> till yesterday it was fine, and today it won't let me open google
>> they send (open) this message instead:
>

>> Your client does not have permission to get URL / from this server.
>
> Somewhere on your network or behind the same proxy you are using there is
> a software installed that sends automated queries to Google. And it must
> be sending *A LOT* if they denied access to this IP! If you are the admin
> of that network, it's time to get your anti-spyware tools out and figure
> out what machine is generating those automated requests. You may very well
> be harboring one of those AdSense autoclickers that got so many people in
> trouble already. Or someone is running a Google probe while plotting
> attack on someone's site. You don't want to allow that either.

Yes, you may have hammered Google quite hard or maybe abuse was identified
at your side. I used to make many automated requests daily before changing
that to twice a week due to some woe (now it's disabled altogether). Either
way, it takes a lot to justify getting denied. Are you aware of any user or
process that might invoke this kind of load or, like Dmitri suggested,
possible AdSense frauds?

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
http://Schestowitz.com