Re: Bluetooth Audio Out

  • Subject: Re: Bluetooth Audio Out
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 04:55:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
On Monday 22 August 2005 22:49, me@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:57:51 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday 20 August 2005 04:32, siyamak@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>>
>>> the headphone jacks seem to be easely damaged, i dropped mine when i
>>> had the headphones in and i had about the same problem and a major
>>> glitch i had to have the headphones in and press it down hard to get
>>> any sound at all,, but someone in this forum sujested that it was a
>>> matter of bent springs or something and that it would be possible to
>>> fix it if you where good with that sort of stuff..
>>>
>>> I am not good with that sort of stuff and i had warranty so i just sent
>>> it in, maybe you want to try that.
>>
>>I heard from somebody else (unless it was you) that reported the same
>>issue. That headphones jack seems to be nothing but trouble.
>>Unfortunately, I don't think I have a warrantee and the hassle/time
>>involved just wouldn't be worth it. I looked at some wireless headsets,
>>but I don't know if they come with software for the Palm. I would be glad
>>to hear suggestions from someone who has experience with that.
>>
>>Roy
>

> I asked about this some time ago and I was told that the bluetooth
> setup in my Palm - a tungsten T3 - does not support audio out. Let me
> know how you go on.

For the time being, I just use the built-in speakers when possible, but I
either need to press the headphones jack rather hard or use a paper clip. I
used to apply pressure the spring in that hole with the stylus, but this
meant that I could not easily feed data to my Palm while doing so. It's a
little frustrating overall because I have a perfectly functional PDA with
plenty of storage space. I just can't make full use of it.

Thanks for your useful answer. Now I at least know that Bluetooth has little
or no potential.

Roy S. Schestowitz        Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
http://Schestowitz.com