Re: pdb files

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 06:00, QD Steve wrote:

> How do I read pdb (palm database) files on a palm M500 (new to PDA's TIA)
> Steve W.

PDB file will usually be better readable by the application (PRC file/s) and
I don't think they will be human-readable unless you read hexadecimal and
know your own application fairly well (e.g. when debugging). Moreover,
their form might vary depending on the application used, so I doubt whether
an application exists for interpreting and visualing PDB files. There are
database management applications, however, such as thinkDB <
http://www.freewarepalm.com/database/database_thinkdb.shtml >. Last time I
looked, none was free.

I have just tried FileZ and can confirm that it will display PDB files in a
more-or-less helpful way. Tick to select a PDB file from the list of files,
then tap the top menu -> Edit, select record -> View/Edit.

You can get FileZ from:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Slashdot is standard-compliant... in Japan"
http://Schestowitz.com