Re: Some nice 10.0 info

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 06:40, houghi wrote:

> Them people are really working hard. They are working on a pre-linked
> version as well which will enhance speed. This due to the fact that some
> people complained SUSE was slow(er) then others.

That is excellent news. Then again, on a high-spec. machine this rarely
makes a noticeable difference. If you have plenty of RAM, then closing of
programs is not necessary either.

> Now things can become much faster.
> http://www.opensuse.org/index.php/SUPER_standard_benchmark
> Openoffice started in 4 instead of 15 seconds. Firefox in 1 instead of
> 8. As booting is a bit slower, but when the system will 'feel' faster.

They must have run it on quite a powerful machine, but still *smile*. With
many Firefox extensions, I doubt it would be _that_ quick. They are not
pre-linked either, I presume.

> More on this on http://www.opensuse.org/index.php/10.0_beta2_i686_SUPER
> And if you look at the bottom:
> Download and install the apt.rpm or install the one from your standard
> SUSE 10.0 CD's

I didn't mean to bring up just the negatives. I am probably as excited as
everybody else about that.