Re: Big dive in traffic

_____/ On Wednesday 24 August 2005 14:42, [www.1-script.com] wrote : \_____

> T.J. wrote:
>
>> Anyone noticing big changes in traffic?
>> I have a site that covers numerous products and
>> themes, it's been averaging around 5,000 to 5,500
>> uniques a day for the past month, but over the last
>> 3 days it's been getting 7,000 to 7,500
>> It doesn't seem to be just one section, the traffic seems
>> to be across the board.
>
> Well, lucky you!
>
> In my case the site actually got some boost at the time of the 'bourbon'
> update, but that (supposedly minor) update last Saturday (08/20/05) killed
> 40% of the traffic overnight. Man, that sucks!
>
> I guess, the changes Google guys talked about at SES conference few days
> ago are already in effect: sites with non-premanent (rotating) outbound
> links will suffer considerable penalties (considered links spam,
> basically) AND, as a cherry on top, sites that change IP address will be
> completely re-valued. So, I got worst of both changes: I recently moved
> the site AND I did rotate links to my other sites :-(

I did neither of those and lost about 20% of the usual traffic in the past 3
days (I think Friday included though). Referrals accounted for the most
prominent difference.

I assumed I was one simply of those affected by people's vacation from work.
My site has very little (if anything) that is related to leisure. Moreover,
my code downloads, which reside on a different site (MATLAB) show more or
less the same trend.

I you are talking about 1-script.com, consider the fact that people take
their end of August vacation.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
http://Schestowitz.com