Re: Post Bourbon?

___/ On Wednesday 24 August 2005 15:46, [www.1-script.com] wrote : \___

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> I you are talking about 1-script.com, consider the fact that people
>> take
>> their end of August vacation.
>
> Man, I hate when they do that! ;-)

They should wipe out these arcades and replace then with gigabit
connection-bound machine with multi-tab browsers.  Nobody would go down to
the beach then, even throughout a sunny vacation by the beach.

> No, I don't think that's the problem. None of my sites are having anything
> to do with leisure, too, but I have seen a steady INCREASE of traffic over
> the summer.

Me too, even in July. More static in August though...

> I'm pretty sure people did take vacations in July and early
> August, too (I know I did :)), but that did not seem to affect the traffic
> as much as last week?s trouble. And I also agree with you: the traffic
> started to plummet on Friday afternoon already, so it was not a usual
> 'dull weekends' trend either.

Hmmmm.... that sounds pretty grim. Will we never regain that traffic without
effort (i.e. all passive)? Damn that 'post bourbon' update. As I previously
said, nothing at all changed in the site for 6 months apart from content
which got added. It seems to be down to the Google algorithms that
change/adapt/get hand-tweaked rather than change or adaptation in Web
sites. That said, maybe it is high time we re-adapt.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "These characters were randomly picked"
http://Schestowitz.com