Re: Cleaning up the database

__/ On Friday 26 August 2005 10:13, [Roy Lewallen] wrote : \__

> I'm trying to delete several files left over from a trial version of PDA
> Defense which I uninstalled. But FileZ won't delete them - it says
> "Error:dm:Database protected in item::remove()d".
>
> Is there a utility I can get which will delete these and similar files?
>
> My PDA is a Zire 31.
>
> Roy Lewallen

To be a little radical, if it's a PDB file that's giving you a hard time:

- Synchronise the Palm

- Go to your profile directory (of Palm Desktop), e.g.
~/<Palm_directory>/lewallr

- Erase the PDB file that's giving you a hard time, e.g.
~/<Palm_directory>/lewallr/apps or similar in most platforms

- Hard-reset your Palm with data loss

- Synchronise

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: ~70% of organisms are bacteria
http://Schestowitz.com