Re: Incoming links

__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 03:18, ["WD10" <.>] wrote : \__

>> Speaking of backlinks, according to a prediction table that has been
>> quite reliable thus far, backlinks update is over a week overdue...
>>
>> http://www.seocompany.ca/pagerank/page-rank-update-list.html
>>
>> To check links quickly:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=link%3Ahttp://PLUG_SITE
>
> Yahoo gives a better list of links than Google.  MSN also gives more than
> Google but it's buggy--it will change the number of links as you are
> browsing through the list.

Others (including Google) do that too, particularly towards the end of
'paging'.

> I use the Customize Google Extension for
> Firefox.  In Firefox you can hit CTRL-K to go to the search box, then type
> in "link:http://www.yoursite.com"; and hit enter.  Then middle-click (or
> CTRL-click) on the Yahoo and MSN links on the section of the page that
> says:
> "Try your search on".  That way you can quickly get the links from several
> search engines with just a few clicks... all on separate tabs.  You can
> then follow each link with middle-click to open them all in different
> tabs...

I currently have many such links in a personal portal so I just middle-click
all the relevant links (links to backlinks results, that is). I guess your
method is even better.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "I think I think, therefore I think I am"
http://Schestowitz.com