Linux Becomes Female?

With names like SuSE, Fedora and Mandriva, in particular with changes from
masculine names like Red Hat and Mandrake, is it possible that distributors
see more potential in using feminine names? This is by no means a critique,
but a question to which I failed to find an answer on the Web.

On a different topic, my experience has taught me that there is /far/ more
to a name than there ought be. I still feel embarrassed to recommend
applications called "Firebox", "Thunderbird", "Mozilla" or "GIMP"...

Even Microsoft steered away from a name like "Longhorn". Calling an O/S
after a pub was never a bright idea. Overall, My main point is that it's
crucial to use more professional names to be adopted by a so-called
'professional' world.