Re: Please don't feed the trolls

__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 05:08, [WCB] wrote : \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ On Friday 26 August 2005 14:30, [General Schvantzkoph] wrote : \__
>>
>>> There seems to be a lot more trolling going on recently sometimes these
>>> guys even announce that they are looking to start a flame war. If
>>> everyone would just ignore these posts instead of biting on their hooks
>>> they would go away. It doesn't do anyone any good to clutter up the
>>> newsgroups with pointless threads trying to convince some troll that
>>> he's mistaken in his beliefs. If some Windows user is asking a
>>> legitimate question about how to do something in Linux just answer the
>>> question even if it's a seemingly stupid question. But if some post uses
>>> the expression "sucks" then just ignore it.
>>
>> I sometimes wonder if the Windows newsgroups, to which I am not
>> subscribed, have similar types of trolls that provoke Windows advocates.
>
> Or worse.  Google Kaditchiman.

You would need to create a newsgroup that's relevant first. Currently, the
closest guess as far as I can tell is alt.internet.search. We occasionally
get rants and abuse about Google in that NG. alt.www.webmaster gets these
too. Particular passionate hatred is due to Google Groups, which made old
threads with people's full names in them re-surface.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Seeing bad movies only encourages them"
http://Schestowitz.com