Re: This Newsgroup's Troll

__/ On Saturday 27 August 2005 18:08, [simplestuff@xxxxxxxxx] wrote : \__

>> > Hey Roy,
>> >
>> > Well, a person goes away for awhile and all hell breaks loose with a
>> > new bothersome troll. I feel your pain. His site is primitive to say
>> > the least, and his stuff is spam. It takes awhile for this type of spam
>> > to stop. Just killfile him so you don't have to see his messages or get
>> > them downloaded. I know that is much help...but you can feel better
>> > just by getting it out and complaining anyway. Have you seen his site.
>> > If you need a laugh...jsut go and visit it.:-)
>>

>> There's a saying...
>>
>> "Seeing bad movies only encourages them"
>>
>> So by following the links I will only make it an indication of success to
>> the spammer. smile
>

> True, but I got my laugh for the day. I suppose I needed the humor
> since I get very little computer humor time right now.:-) I will be
> glad to be settled in!

I probably got too much recently. Here is one which got posted in
alt.www.webmaster a few weeks ago:

http://www.angelfire.com/rings/judy_patch/

Oh, damn! Somebody took over it and wiped out the content. You can still the
hijacker's sarcastic comments which refer to what used to be in that page.
Google cache no longer contains the old version. *frown*

>> > Did you report his spamming to the hosting company? That may help some.
>> >
>> > Stacey
>>

>> John Bokma did. Thanks for the suggestions, Stacey.
>
> No problem. I know it didn't help. :-)

I think John got it fixed. No spam for a week... I doubt it's the abuse
reports sent to Google Groups.