Re: Trolls that come here are stupid

__/ On Sunday 28 August 2005 19:23, [Bacchus] wrote : \__

> Coming here and posting bullshit to us is like going into a church on
> sunday morning and trying to tell the people there that the Bible is a
> fictional piece of work. Ain't going to happen.

Good analogy.

> If you use a product and understand it and someone trys to tell you it
> doesn't work the way you KNOW it does, you really have to scratch your
> head and wonder. example: any cd burning I do on my linux as I KNOW it
> takes 3 to 5 times as long to burn in WindowsXP. Why is Linux so much
> faster I don't know, I just use it. I could go on with dozens of example
> why I enjoy Linux over windows...but I won't.

SCP is about 3 times slower in Windows. I always say /exactly/ what you say:
"Why is Linux so much faster I don't know, I just use it"

When compiling my OpenGL-dependent game/program in Windows, it was roughly 5
times slower in Windows. Maybe compilation flags were to take the blame
though.

> I am not trying to win anyone over to Linux, but do sincerely enjoy piping
> on conversations at social gatherings when people are crying in their beer
> about virus, adware and spyware and other things that make them have to
> reinstall their OS....."I use Linux, I don't have those problems"

I'll drink to that.

> Anyway the trolls need a better place to market their bullshit than linux
> users who KNOW the truth.
>
> my two cents.....

I hit ignore as soon as I see these pro-Windows gospels. For some reason,
there has been a rise (in terms of the number of these) in August.
Months/years ago Windows users were contented. You know what Psychology 101
would say: your offence is strongest when you feel threatened or envy. Read
the following:

http://www.xyzcomputing.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=411&Itemid=26

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
http://Schestowitz.com