Re: OT: Office of Copyright Registration requiring MS-Explorer :(

__/ [Proteus] on Monday 29 August 2005 13:16 \__

> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:22:37 +0100, Bungee wrote:
>> You are all too late. The 'consultation' period expired last Friday, and
>> to have your opinion even read, you needed to send an origial and five
>> (yes five) copies by snail-mail.
>
> Wow you are right, this is unreal, totally unacceptable. I got the
> following email response to my email comment using their webpage form for
> contacting them. Makes you wonder why it [webform] even exists, if they
> only accept comments "hand delivered". Hand delivered? Are they serious?
> WTF! Ok so now only comments are read there if hand delivered, meaning
> comments are only read from those living in Washington DC?! This I just
> gotta send to my Senator and Congressman, and to my local newspaper press
> to let the public know about. Incredible.
>
> From:           "Copyright Information" <copyinfo@xxxxxxx>
> To:                   (me)
> Date:           Monday - August 29, 2005 5:27 AM
> Subject:           Re: procedures Online Copyright Registration (Re:
> Rulemaking on preregistration)
> Attachments         Mime.822 (3740 bytes)           [View] [Save As]

I got one of these too. When 5 hard copies are required, it means they just
try to suppress any mail (i.e. paperwork). If anybody asks, they will say
that they asked the public for and accepted feedback. They would not say
how. Incompetent feds?

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
http://Schestowitz.com