Re: OT: Office of Copyright Registration requiring MS-Explorer :(

  • Subject: Re: OT: Office of Copyright Registration requiring MS-Explorer :(
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 06:43:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mandrake
__/ [Blinky the Shark] on Monday 29 August 2005 05:02 \__

> Proteus wrote:
>> I read in my local paper today an article stating that the Copyright
>> Office at the Library of Congress is allowing online copyright
>> registration, but doing so will require using MS Internet Explorer, you
>> will not be able to do so with any other browser.
>>
>> This is really a slap in the face against Open Source (Windows *or* Linux
>> operating systems). And this is an office of the US Government, of a
>> democracy. I would urge anybody interesting in promoting the freedom of
>> open source to email the Copyright Office and let them know your thoughts
>> on this. Here is their 'contact us' web page where you can submit a short
>> note of concern, using their webpage form:
>>  http://www.copyright.gov/help/
>
> Want to see some *real* action on this?  Slashdot it.

Been done already...

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/15/1150229&tid=103&tid=1

Only Zenke will be sufficiently out-of-sync. and post that dup. *smile*

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: ~70% of organisms are bacteria
http://Schestowitz.com