Re: WinFS - What Up

__/ [Blinky the Shark] on Tuesday 30 August 2005 08:11 \__

> MS's new file system beta released.
>
> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,2180,1853593,00.asp
>
> What will be the impact on us?  Will this be cracked in the first week
> of full release and our software will be able to deal with it with it as
> we can the other MS stuff?  Or between the technology and the fookin' US
> Patent Office, will this mean the end of that ability?

According to:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=111679

"...WinFS uses NTFS - it doesn't replace it..."

It appears to be a layer that sits on top of NTFS, which relates to the way
data gets physically stored. It means that Samba et al. should be able to
get past the 'obstruction', but please feel free to correct me; just be
gentle. *wink*

Roy S. Schestowitz        "The speed of time is one second per second"
http://Schestowitz.com