Re: Web Rhapsody, Firefox, Suse 10.0

  • Subject: Re: Web Rhapsody, Firefox, Suse 10.0
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:44:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [Daud Daud] on Thursday 08 December 2005 07:38 \__

> John Bailo wrote:
>> I'm having a bear of time getting the new web version of the Rhapsody
>> music service to work on Firefox in Suse 10.0
>>
>> The sad thing is that I've talked to several people who say they can make
>> it work in Ubuntu using Firefox.
>>
>> Here's what I see:
>>
>> (1) I can't use Firefox 1.5 at all -- but that's by design.
>>
>> (2) If I use Firefox 1.0.7, the popup for the signon appears but there is
>> no
>> content in it.   In Windows XP this same popup should display a login form
>> and download a Firefox extension.
>>
>> Suse 10.0 users, you can help me confirm this (you don't need to login,
>> just display the form), by using Firefox 1.0.7 to go to:
>>
>> http://www.rhapsody.com
>>
>> Then, in the upper right, click on the login button.
>>
>> Do you see anything in the popup form or just a white page, as I do?
>

> No probs at all with the pop-up.  Crisp and clear, it declares:
>
> ***********************************
>
> U.S. Only
>
> We're sorry. We have detected that you are outside of the United States.
> This service is currently only available to residents within the United
> States.
>
> ***********************************
>
> Uncle Sam - He's your man.

I get the same message. Why Rhapsody anyway? You have wget on your side.

wget -q -r -l1 -H -t1 -nd -N -np -A.mp3 -i ~/sites_list

In the file sites_list, put addresses of Web sites which deliver free music
(e.g. demos). Spearate different domain with a newline.

Run this and go to bed. Wake up and you'll have gigabytes of
freely-distributed music, from which to delete what does not suit your
taste.

...as much music as your hard-drive can hold, as quickly as your network
capacity will bear... options above preserve good 'Net citizenship'.

Hope it helps,