Re: Korea and cola

  • Subject: Re: Korea and cola
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:44:09 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [B Gruff] on Friday 09 December 2005 13:09 \__

> On Friday 09 December 2005 12:47 Roy Culley wrote:
>
>> begin  risky.vbs
>> <3vtb22F17fvrhU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>> B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>>
>>> I doubt that it will be of interest to many, but I suspect that
>>> Roy/Kier/Mark might have the where-with-all and find it interesting.
>>> One first needs to read (right through to the end!):-
>>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/08/rotting_dog_blog/
>>>
>>> ... and then this is really good:-
>>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/09/dog_letters/
>>>
>>> ... so like COLA!:-)
>>
>>     In short: you godless commies can either take Microsoft products
>>     bundled as God intended, or face the consequences. Pressure is
>>     already building in the blogosphere for Condoleezza Rice to
>>     intervene personally in the matter and - in the unlikely event
>>     that her particular brand of international diplomacy should fail -
>>     for direct military action in defense of the US's right to trade
>>     freely across the globe. God Bless America.
>>
>> Truly amazing and it only goes downhill from there. :-)
>
> You rotton sod - quit winding people up:-)
>
> (for the benefit of non-UK readers,
>    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/08/rotting_dog_blog/
>  is a parody of an "extreme-ish" blog.
>    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/09/dog_letters/
>  is the responses received by el Reg, some of which seem to "pick up on the
> theme", but most of which (I suspect!) are serious!)

The Register is losing its credibility and is barely worth syndicating
anymore. I remember when they titled an article "New Zealand finds Black
Cocks Hard to Swallow" when referring to some rugby game (if I recall
correctly). Meaningful titles are very fundamental, let alone good content.
They now go for 'eye catch' rather than quality reporting.