Re: BSA conspiracy gets its ass kicked

__/ [7] on Saturday 10 December 2005 09:24 \__

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/09/letters/
>
> BSA conspiracy gets its ass kicked for everything
> from materially false use of statistics again,
> conspiring to prevent adoption of open source
> that materially reduce piracy,
> conspiring with its founder member micoshaft
> to not adopt $0.2 dongle on $300 product,
> etc, etc, etc....
>
> It looks like BSA is failing into disrepute
> because their remit is extortion in a world
> of piracy created by its own conspirators.

In a world of Open Source software, would there be a BSA at all? I think this
provides the answer. They are merely defending their fortress of prosperity,
thus their remarks must be ignored altogether. Arbitrary example:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39236750,00.htm

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "The only source is Open Source"
  9:30am  up 3 days  6:41,  6 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.66, 0.77